Please find a summary of School Improvement Priorities for the year 2020 – 2021.
Key Area 1
To continue to raise achievement in maths by:
– Ensuring teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good or better so all pupils can make at least expected progress
– Regularly and effectively monitoring progress in maths in each year group (particularly higher ability)
– Providing planned and monitored support to those pupils who need ‘catch up’ provision
– Using effective differentiation to ensure appropriate challenge for all learners including those of higher ability
– Reviewing how the curriculum is planned, taught and assessed effectively in order to support pupils to build their knowledge and to apply that knowledge as skills (‘implementation’)
– Ensuring good outcomes for pupils as a result of the education they have received (‘impact’).
– Ensuring that a curriculum review shows how knowledge is built over time through the sequencing of learning
– Ensuring relevant continued professional development (CPD) is put in place to support curriculum/ subject leaders in understanding and delivering their role
– All staff understanding links with the school’s curriculum to prior learning, future learning and learning in other subjects
– Having a strong contingency plan in place for remote education provision
– Implementing and monitoring the EYFS framework as an early adopter school
– Ensuring a whole school approach to the wellbeing of pupils (see below)
To continue to develop pupil and staff personal development by:
– Implementing and monitoring provision for the emotional wellbeing and mental health of all pupils
– Ensuring a whole school approach to improving appropriate ‘knowledge and cultural capital’ across the curriculum (link to above)
– Continuing to embed assessment for learning and behaviour for learning strategies
– Having a culture where staff well being is valued
No Events were found.
Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley.
© Copyright 2019 Curbar Primary School